[Lazarus] Documentation contribution

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Feb 13 10:48:31 CET 2012

Michael Schnell schrieb:
> On 02/10/2012 09:40 PM, Martin wrote:
>>
>> Then we need to extend fpdoc. So we can build help (chm or other),
>> with or without todo/notes
> Even better: use a help viewer that allows for dynamically switching
> notes on and off or even supports a verbosity level.

This was my intention as well, but with a finer granularity than now
offerd by <notes>. It's not so important whether such an <editor-note>
tag is suppressed by the document generator, or by the viewer, it should
be insertable *everywhere* into text, like <b>, and should not cause any
failure of the tools which see it. It also should not be subject to
possible elimination, what can happen to XML comments depending on the
tools that process such files.

MS Word e.g. allows for hidden text, and used it to steer the help
compiler. In XML we have the freedom to add new tags at will, the only
problem are the tools, which have to deal with all these tags.

And finally it should be possible to add such notes with every tool, not
only by editing the raw XML files. That's why I choose a textual
representation in the first approach, until a better solution could be
found *and* added to all tools dealing with the XML docs.

DoDi