[Lazarus] Documentation contribution

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Feb 13 14:59:44 CET 2012

Sven Barth schrieb:

>  >> It was my work of many weeks.
>  >>
>  > I understood that you inserted the note and somebody else considered
> them to be nonsense and removed them.

The notes were considered "not nice", that's all :-(

>  > I guess that the svn easily allows to retrieve them and so they can
> somehow automatically be converted into the upcoming verbosity-sensitive
> notes format.
>
> AFAIK Matthias already did that (look at his mails from yesterday in one
> of the documentation threads)

For code we have ToDo notes, which can be inserted in *every* place.
Matthias' solution doesn't allow for that, instead all notes have to be
inserted into one appended section. Unlike in printed matter, notes in
help elements cannot refer to a particular place (page, line), because
the layout of the text is determined later, and may even vary with the
user adjustable window size.

DoDi