[Lazarus] Adding Notes in FPDoc

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Feb 13 16:00:52 CET 2012

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 13 February 2012 16:01, Michael Schnell  wrote:
>>
>> Great stuff, but Greame stated that he is about to make the verbosity level
>> (that already is supported by inf files) selectable on the DocView GUI.
>

> It is like Michael van Canneyt said, use attribute in the <NOTE> tag.
> I'll then modify the fpdoc IPF writer to output these notes and
> attributes as INF "hide" tags. The IPF_KEYS environment variable
> defines what attributes, verbosity levels or whatever else you want to
> call it, should be made visible in DocView. I'll also modify DocView
> so that you can modify the IPF_KEYS environment variable from inside
> DocView - for the duration of the running instance. The INF spec
> supports attributes for the HIDE tag, so they coincide nicely with the
> attributes Michael van Canneyt mentioned for the fpdoc NOTE tag.

This is exactly one of the intended uses.

Let us not forget that DOCView's INF format is just one of the possible output formats.
Which means a FPDoc solution for notes must be generally applicable, and not taylored
to the INF specs.

I'm sure Graeme will be one of the first people to implement support for attributes
in INF as soon as a set of attributes is agreed upon.

Michael.