[Lazarus] Why the Java became so strong?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:54:25 CET 2012

On 13.02.2012 17:55, Everton Vieira wrote:
> But JuhaManninen had said so goodly:
>
> "
>
> The fact is that FPC / Lazarus is an almost unknown niche language /
> environment. I am studying information technology and programming in a
> university of applied sciences and there nobody knows about FPC or
> Lazarus, not even the teachers. Everybody knows about C, C++, Java,
> Eclipse, .NET, C#, PHP, Python, sh scripts, Lisp, even Haskell, but not
> about FPC or Lazarus.
> If those people don't know, it means nobody knows.
> Comparing FPC / Lazarus directly with Java / Eclipse and saying they are
> equal is not a balanced comparison. You ignore that Java has millions of
> developers while FPC / Lazarus only has few desperate geeks (like
> myself). :)

That's why I'm often running around in a Free Pascal T-shirt at
university ;)

Last Monday we had a little "end of lecture happening" with our program
optimization teacher and there I surprised him with the fact that Pascal
is happily alive ever after... a little sad as he's the head of the
"programming languages and compiler development" chair... :(

Regards,
Sven