[Lazarus] Matching gutter width on two synedits

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 12:25:08 CET 2012

Martin wrote:
> On 13/02/2012 18:50, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> But be warned that before I go anywhere near that I'm going to be
>> investigating injecting APL-style characters into Synedit. You might
>> prefer to keep your head down :-)
>>

> Let me know how it goes. As long as they are represented in utf8

Will do, I'm aiming for something like http://www.aplusdev.org/keyboard.html

I'm assuming (for the moment at least) that getting these sort of
characters into dialog(ue) boxes would be an entirely different issue.

> There is one known issue in synedit (but easy to fix). Combined chars (2
> codepoints for one char).
> eg representing an "รถ" as <double dot> + <o>
>
> All I need are the unicode ranges of those ...

My expertise as far as these is concerned is negligible, since there are
very few cases where this sort of thing appears in English. An
interesting point here is that Sun keyboards (i.e. directly connected to
the computer, possibly not via xterm etc.) have a compose key, I'm not
promising immediate activity but it would be interesting to look at this
on both Linux and Solaris... although so far Solaris 10's UTF-8 handling
appears poor.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk