[Lazarus] Lazarus slow on large files

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Feb 15 13:27:44 CET 2012

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> hat am 15. Februar 2012 um 12:44 geschrieben:

>> are
>> IDE
>> the

>> I hope you mean GTK2.

Yes, sorry...

>> There are several monster units in the FPC sources. For example the gtk2
>> with hundreds of include files and the MacOSAll with more than 250.000
>> lines (before the split). The IDE worked fluently with them for years. On
>> recent machines it takes one or two seconds to load and parse (plus I/O
>> wait).

Yes, I was surprised to notice it.

Especially since on the last Lazarus day, Martin had been doing some work on
it. Since Sven Barth also has it, there must be something special going on.

>> Maybe the android unit uses some specials.

Well, it's full of Java import classes. The target is set to jvm, and as far
as I know, the ide 'understands' that. I have also most automatisms (folding
etc). switched off.

Anyway, Sven posted the URL where it can be found.

Michael.