[Lazarus] Lazarus slow on large files

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:36:07 CET 2012

Thanks for doing the AVL fix =) I will study it and see if I can
substitute FPList in some other projects too with AVL tree.

2012/2/15 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> The code explorer still needs a lot of time on this unit, because it creates
> 60.000 nodes and for each node it creates a description. Maybe the
> descriptions can be created on demand and only for visible nodes.

It might be quite hard to do that without affecting accessibility
potentially. The information needs to be passively available, just
like in the screen where you see anything which fits, in accessibility
the accessible software might also demand immediate access to the
information and navigate around it even without any input to the
software. So it might want to read even invisible stuff. We could add
callbacks and change the creation to on demand, but I wonder if it is
worth to complicate the code (which already was quite problematic to
get working on Carbon). Maybe we should simply add a property to turn
off accessibility for objects like the code explorer, which creates
huge amounts of items and wants to optimize for speed. And add an
option to turn accessibility for it on for those that need.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho