[Lazarus] installing chm help

Andrew Haines AndrewD207 at aol.com
Wed Feb 15 18:58:38 CET 2012

On 02/15/12 12:46, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Andrew Haines <AndrewD207 at aol.com> hat am 15. Februar 2012 um 18:38
> geschrieben:
>> When you press F1 in lazarus it performs it's own search of what it is
>> looking for. If it finds something it presents a list of possible
>> results if there are more than one. If there is only one result or when
>> you select one it then asks the helpviewer to show that topic. It does
>> not use the help viewer to search the help.
>>
>> LHelp can have multiple chm files open and will search them all from the
>> LHelp search pane.
>
> AFAIK there is a two-way communication between the IDE and lhelp.
>
> Just an idea:
>
> The chmhelppkg can use this to perform a search in lhelp. Then F1 would
> show lhelp with the search results.

There is some communication now yes but I am working on a 2 way ipc unit
now to make this more efficient, and plan to add the ability for lhelp
to be able to do searches through ipc.

The current IPC lhelp has is too primitive and can block lazarus while
it loads the a TOC which although fast is noticable.

The 2 way IPC unit is done and I am adding the lhelp layer to it now.

Andrew