[Lazarus] installing chm help

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 15 18:58:41 CET 2012

On 2/15/2012 05:56, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 15.02.2012 07:52, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
>> On 15 February 2012 04:58, waldo kitty wrote:
>>>
>>> i used the term 'keyword' to cover basic pascal "verbs" or whatever the
>>> proper verbiage is for them... i also see/use this term to cover all library
>>> items and am surprised that 'writeln' is not included in the RTL docs...
>>
>> Those "keywords" are coverer in the RTL documentation. I see it in
>> DocView when I press F1, so there must be yet another bug in the CHM
>> files or viewer or CHM IDE integration.
>>
>> For the writeln() "keyword" as you put it, DocView took me to "RTL ->
>> Reference for unit 'System'> Procedures and Functions> Writeln"
>>

> It seems to be a problem of the IDE or the integration package, because
> searching for Writeln in the search tab of lHelp works

interesting... it doesn't make sense (yet) but it is interesting...

> (Note: Other identifiers that are not physically present in the system unit
> are not shown either, like "Boolean". But e.g. PtrInt exists)

@graeme: does docview work with chm files? i haven't looked at it, yet, if if
does, i'm curious if it will find things that lhelp doesn't in the same chm
files when invoked by placing the cursor on a {dang, what terms to use??} word
in the IDE and hitting F1 (or CTRL-F1 for docview as an external app)...