[Lazarus] installing chm help

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 15 19:58:07 CET 2012

On 2/15/2012 07:10, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Sven Barth schrieb:
>> Please validate first by either checking the documentation by hand (using
>> lHelp's search) or using "IDENTIFER site:freepascal.org" on Google.
>
> I trust a user when he says that something doesn't work, e.g. he doesn't get
> help displayed for some keyword. Next comes the search for the reason, maybe a
> configuration only, or a more general problem. And there I search in my
> "knowledge base" for similar items, but because human brains work differently
> from computer storage, my memory may be misadjusted, but it is not normally
> plain wrong.

this is why i gave all the steps and details that i did in my initial post... i
was quite unaware that it would show so much as it has...

i know that documenting is a rough job that only some can do... i mean, i've
written technical stuff in the past but man could not follow it... then i had a
friend who is a writer (not a coder or technical person) rewrite it and then
many people understood it much better... but the side effect was that some of
the needed technical details were lost in the "translation"...

i really do hope to actually contribute something back to the projects (FPC and
Lazarus) that is more than raising problem points and stirring the buckets... if
that means working with the documentation, i must first continue learning
(without documentation) how to work in the new (to me) environment and then
start figuring out how the documentation stuff works... i finally noticed a menu
option for FPDoc Editor in the View menu ;)