[Lazarus] installing chm help

Andrew Haines AndrewD207 at aol.com
Wed Feb 15 20:09:16 CET 2012

On 02/15/12 13:45, waldo kitty wrote:

> i note that martin has added a step 6 to those wiki instructions... it
> has you confirm that HelpExe is proper and also says to set
> HelpFilesPath to where the chm files are... but[!!] i _have not_ changed
> HelpFilesPath from its blank setting and the help /is/ working but not
> for all terms tested... i'm not sure, at all, what is going on there or
> why it is working without that field being filled in...

The server uses a default path if it is blank. IIRC if the path is blank
and the chm's don't exist Lazarus will tell you where to put the files.

Generally all the fileds can be blank and as long as the chm's are in
the right folder it will work.

Also last I knew you don't even have to compile lhelp since Lazarus will
build it for you.

> [wow, i didn't realize that my thread would cause such a stir as it has...]

Yep, some stuff is exciting to the masses. :)

Clearly there are some issues (perceived or real) with access to the
documentation or quantity of the documentation or form of the documentation.

Andrew