[Lazarus] Lazarus slow on large files

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 23:14:41 CET 2012

On 15 February 2012 21:19, Massimo Soricetti  wrote:
> I wonder if something in TStringList internals goes really bad when has more
> than 65.536 lines?
> Maybe this problem afflicts the lazarus IDE too...

Yes, it is a known problem, and why Lazarus IDE uses TTreeview in many
places like the Messages dialog, instead of TStringGrid.

A few months back (maybe even a year or more) I reported this issue
too. fpGUI's StringGrid can create 8mil populated rows or columns in
an instant. LCL took....well, it never finished after 4 hours on a
quad core system - then I killed the test app. :)  I'm sure if you
search the mailing list archive, you will find that message thread.

  - Graeme -