[Lazarus] Anchoring buttons (or other graphical elements)

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Thu Feb 16 07:23:15 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
 >> but what strikes me is that horizontal
 >> and vertical borders seem
 >> to be treated differently. Is there a reason for this?
 > Why do you think so?

Well, at first the documentation only mentions horizontal borders to be
the maximum of both elements but nothing that this also applies to
vertical borders. It says:
-------------------------------
The horizontal space between two controls (LeftControl, RightControl on
Parent) is the maximum of ...
But no words about the vertical alignment.

And second that was my experience too. But I just tried it again on a
fresh project and now suddenly vertical alignment behave the same! This
"eratic" (unpredictable, at least to me) behaviour was the reason I
wanted to look into the documentation but it did not make it clearer but
more obscure. It seems I have to invest much more time into this than I
wanted...