[Lazarus] installing chm help

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Feb 16 13:20:19 CET 2012

On 02/16/2012 11:11 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> As I mentioned numerous times, I believe the "external tools"
> interface works better with DocView than the "help package
> integration" interface.
The current discussion suggests that the help package interface might be
improved.

The current discussion shows that the external interface is not good
enough, as it only provides a single word and not the context.

If e.g. the cursor is on "Visible"  in the line "Button1.Visible :=
True", it can't know that help on TButton in to be shown.

So the IDE needs to find that Button1 is a TButton and should provide
"TButton.Visible" to the help Viewer through the Help package interface.

If it does not find the type of Button1 it of course just provides
Visible to have the help viewer show a selection of possibilities.

-Michael