[Lazarus] installing chm help

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:08:34 CET 2012

On 16 February 2012 18:30, Sven Barth wrote:

> If I remember correctly you are on a Windows system and you used the normal
> Lazarus installer? Then you have the source, because the Windows installer
> includes the source for the RTL and Packages directories of FPC inside
> %lazarusdir%\fpc\%fpcversion%\ (otherwise most of the RTLs features like
> CodeTools would not work as good as they do, also you would not have been
> able to find e.g. "Integer" in the help).

So what you are saying is that if you don't have the source code for
FPC, them some of the help wouldn't work??? Now that is a design flaw!
 Having the source code of FPC was never a requirement for Lazarus -
but now it seems it is a must. A very odd design if you ask me. [good
news is, I have a solution I'll post in another thread]

  - Graeme -