[Lazarus] Synedit: background colours and f(o)nts

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Feb 20 17:12:36 CET 2012

On 20/02/2012 15:56, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Any thoughts on what could be messing up the font?

Sorry missed that part

On 20/02/2012 09:24, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> In the same program (running on Linux), the Synedit font appears to
> force itself to a generic Sans at runtime, irrespective of what is
> actually selected (e.g. Monospace). Again, this is OK up to around
> 0.9.26.

No idea...  You set the font via the object inspector?

If you put a label in with the same font. does that work?
Have you tried other fonts?
Are they in that name-15-*-* format ?

Try compiling with SYNFONTDEBUG defined

also add a debugln to SynEdit.FontChanged
and SynEdit.RecalcCharExtend

and output the fontname there please

> Finally and as a subsidiary question: if I've got a local svn to help
> moving projects between machines I try to keep them tested on, what
> files should go into it? Specifically, should I be storing .lrs or are
> these better recreated on demand?

Not sure about that. Afaik newer Lazarus does no longer need lfr. But
better ask in a none SynEdit thread