[Lazarus] [lazarus-br] Re: Como passar uma procedure local como callback?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Feb 21 21:31:13 CET 2012

On 2/20/2012 20:53, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> waldo kitty schrieb:
>> On 2/20/2012 10:59, Everton Vieira wrote:
>>> Has been felt need for examples in the documentation.
>
>> not only should these examples be in/on the wiki, but they should also be in
>> the offline local documentation... offline local documentation being the most
>> important (IMhO)...
>
> There exists an examples directory in your Lazarus installation.

yes and i've been thru there but i'm speaking more of on the documentation side
of the fence...

eg: http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/datetostr.html

there should be sample output and definitely something for the formatsettings...
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/tformatsettings.html definitely
doesn't help and i spent hours digging in there (the site) trying to find
something... i finally got to
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/formatdatetime.html and found a
little bit of help which i still had to guess at some stuff and i have *just
now* noticed the link to
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/formatchars.html which appears
to offer more than what i had found before... but even that page needs some
concrete alpha-numerical examples of what the output would look like...

> While RTL and FCL topics can be demonstrated in simple console applications, LCL
> topics usually require big sample applications. See how e.g.
> examples/listview/listview.lpi demonstrates the capabilities of a TListView.

i see it, yes but i'm lost in all the other controls' code in there... running
the project doesn't help me to understand a listview, either :?  yes, i see the
effect of some of the controls but, for example, it is not clear to me why i can
select "new 1" or "New 2" but not "Sub 1"... neither is it clear to me what the
items and columns tabs are for... i can't even get anything to react when i
choose the columns tab and click about :(

> About things like callback functions, which are common to many components, there
> should exist references to examples that *also* demonstrate such features,
> amongst possibly many others.

agreed... i think... but yes, everything should be documented that can be...
even basic things like what a "callback" is... i see/hear that and i think telco
stuff :(

> Just an idea: It could help to "tag" the existing examples with keywords, so
> that a search in the examples directory could reveal all applicable examples. A
> keywords.txt or <project>.keys file in every subdirectory could be used for
> tagging, for a global search in the examples. A list of "registered" keywords
> could be kept in another file, e.g. in examples/tags.txt.

that might be ok but these examples like listview need some documentation
explaining them a bit, too... as i wrote above, i get lost in all the other
controls' code :?