[Lazarus] Auto adding interface methods

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:32:14 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 00:45, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 00:26:32 +0200
> ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 00:09, Mattias Gaertner
>> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>> > No. There is already a feature request.

>> > Can you give an example?
>>
>> TParent = class
>> private
>>   FBar : String;
>>   FBaz : integer;
>> public
>>   procedure Foo;
>>
>>   property Bar : String read FBar; write FBar;
>> published
>>   property Baz : Integer read FBaz write FBaz
>> end;
>>
>> TChild = class(TParent) // Let's say CTRL+SHIFT+C for example
>> public
>>    property Bar; //Foreword from CTRL+SHIFT+C for example
>> published
>>    property Baz; // ...
>> end;
>
> The above has no effect.
> What do you want to achieve?

That rather constantly doing copy paste of original properties and
even methods to foreword to a new class, there will be a tool for
that.
With my Redis client, I have a basic class that contain such
properties, and few classes that inherits them, and require to have
the properties inside.
It would be nice, but not a real demand to have such support.

The CTRL+SHIFT+C is the tool for the job imho, because it completes
code declarations, but as you discover, it does not do that at the
time.
I think that part of the interface inheritance feature that will or
might be designed, it should support also this.

Thanks,

> Mattias

Ido