[Lazarus] Custom Controls package cannot be found

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:01:02 CET 2012

Am 23.02.2012 09:43 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys" <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:

> On 22 February 2012 17:23, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> > Try removing lcl/units and components/customdrawn/units and try again
>
> OK, I thought I would try one at a time first - to more accurately
> pinpoint the exact cause.
>
> I didn't have a components/customdrawn/units/ directory, but I did
> have a components/customdrawn/lib/ directory.
>
> Removing that 'lib' directory, and then trying to rebuild the IDE via
> the 'Tools > Configure Build Lazarus' worked!
>
> So that simply means there was outdated compiled units left behind. So
> why didn't 'make clean' as I originally ran it, or the 'make
> bigideclean' as Mattias suggested clean out this directory?
>
> So the 'make clean<whatever>' doesn't actually do a very good job. :-(
>

> Anyway, thanks for finding a solution to my problem. Now all that
> remains, is fixing the 'make clean...' issue.

AFAIK make clean only removes files it knows about. If the unit directory
got renamed from lib to units then it dies not know there is a lib
directory to clean (it could be a directory created by the user after all).
I don't know whether this is your exact course, but it's at least the
situation as I remember it.

Regards,
Sven