[Lazarus] Custom Controls package cannot be found

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Feb 23 10:50:29 CET 2012

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:34:48 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 February 2012 11:25, Mattias Gaertner  wrote:
> >
> > The clean commands are paired with their counterparts.
> > make clean all
> > make bigideclean bigideclean
>

> But both these clean options seem fundamentally broken - as this
> message thread showed. But thanks for the info though. I'll search the
> lazarus docs to find out the difference between 'make all', 'make
> ide', 'make bigidea' etc... There just seems to be too many options
> with the make command.

Well, every option was needed by someone. That's why they were added.

As far as I can see the "clean" commands to their jobs.
If they do what you expect is another thing.

> >>     git clean -d -x -f
> >>
> >>   -d   Delete untracked directories too
> >>   -x   Do not use the git ignore file rules
> >>   -f    Force a "yes to all" to remove all untracked files.
> >
> > That would delete the directories the user added, wouldn't it?
>

> As the above example shows, everything that is not tracked by the
> repository will be deleted. If you wanted to keep something, simply
> add whatever you want to keep (executables, other files or
> directories, even regex is supported) to the .gitignore file. Then
> don't specify the -x option. No some files or directories will be left
> alone.

Just add this or that.
Well, I think this not fundamentally better than the current "just do
this or that".

It would be better if the user has a simple and intuitive way to find
out what the build system does. Maybe a "make help" and a note at the
end of "make clean" about "make help".
The same for the coming fpmake.

Mattias