[Lazarus] Custom Controls package cannot be found

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:30:51 CET 2012

On 23 February 2012 13:12, Hans-Peter Diettrich  wrote:

> This is unusable if there is only a single file that should *not* be
> deleted.

Huh? I really do not understand what you are trying so say. Why would
you want to delete all source code etc that came from the repository,
and simply leave one mere file standing? In that case, just copy that
file out to where ever you want.

The 'git clean' command is used to clean our your cloned repository
directory. Thus you WILL want to keep your files that belong to the
repository - and maybe one or two exceptions (like the 'lazarus'
binary etc). The .gitignore file will in such a case, list the lazarus
executable as "ignore this file, by not deleting it".

You end up with a pristine repository - only files and directories
that belong and are tracked by the code repository.

The .gitignore file is also use for other things like status / diff
information - which files must it show as "new to the repository" etc.

The .gitignore file itself can also be checked into the repository (so
everybody shares that file... eg: by default ignore *.ppu, *.o, *.a
files form any git actions). If you want a personal list of ignored
items, then edit the .git/info/exclude file instead.  You can also
have multiple .gitignore files in various directories. Those copies
would then only apply from that directory hierarchy and deeper.

Anyway, I have no clue what you meant with your reply, so I tried to
cover all use bases with my reply.

  - Graeme -