[Lazarus] Fast drawing to canvas

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Feb 23 13:56:03 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:46:23AM +0100, Sven Barth wrote:
> > said, on windows I get 50%HD @ 88fps and full HD @35fps. Now Mac is
> > worrying as it draws full HD @ only 12fps. Maybe opengl can draw more
> > efficienctly in this case? I would also like to test SDL.
>
> I don't know whether OpenGL is really more efficiently, I just wanted to
> throw in an alternative variant.

The limit in OpenGL is going to be uploading speed. IIRC speed also depends
on your opengl implementation match your videocard (iow, do not create
opengl3 context on e.g. gf8x00 series, but do for new cards)

I still have some code that does this. (OpenGL viewer widget + image type
that supports a few basic kinds of bmp and png).

But it is Delphi XE generics code, and I need some bugs fixed first :-)