[Lazarus] OT: Amazing new development tools

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 10:05:33 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found the following amazing lecture that present a new idea of a
> development tool, that I think will interest you all:

Thanks, Worth watching. It's interesting it's not directly connected to
Lazarus, There are some ways where it is )

For example, the first example with the JavaScript tree was very impressive
until I saw the similarities with components and design-time/run-time
metaphore. Delphi and Lazarus developers lived with this "change value  -
see instant reaction" way of developing for very long time. And components
are supposed to live such life in contrary to arbitrary code fragments of
imperative languages that may require multiple state changes (for example
opening a particular file) until you actually can see and change anything.
Not mentioning that a property is more natural to understand without prior
knowledge than some strange constant in the middle of code fragment.

Other connection is Larry Tesler. Although it was mentioned basically with
his NOMODES motto, for us he is the guy who developed Apple dialect of
Object Pascal (together with Wirth)

Max