[Lazarus] Why the Java became so strong?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:32:41 CET 2012

2012/2/27 Rigel Rigel :
> Web Programing. I know only one web sait written in Lazarus:
> www.lazarussupport.com.

Here you go, here is a wiki engine and website I wrote in Object
Pascal. It's a very small application, but it's a website written in
Object Pascal, using the Lazarus IDE (though any IDE or editor could
have been used).  :-)

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/wiki/wiki.cgi?p=Main-Page

I don't like web development work, so I don't have more public things
to show. I can say thought that we (our company) also have an advanced
database driven web interface to one of our company applications - all
written in Object Pascal, using Free Pascal as the compiler.

> Another thing are the mobile phones. Lazarus can not be used directly for
> mobile phones.

I have no problems writing and running applications for my PDA
(Windows Mobile). All written in Object Pascal, using fpGUI Toolkit
and compiled with Free Pascal.

> Graeme wrote: "Use the right tool for the job." Unfortunately, Lazarus made
> alone mainly Desktop applications.

You should be more specific. I guess you mean LCL and not Lazarus. To
me, Lazarus describes more the IDE, and the Lazarus IDE is implemented
in LCL. Well, I have used Lazarus (IDE) to develop web, desktop and
mobile apps. No problems.

> Even Lazarus use qt, gtk..., which are not written on Pascal.

Then maybe you should take a look at fpGUI Toolkit (see my signature)
or MSEgui. Both are GUI toolkits 100% implemented in Object Pascal,
stable and fully capable for advanced applications. And as I said,
fpGUI even works on mobile and embedded devices.

  - Graeme -