[Lazarus] What is the most widely used Pascal on Linux and other Unix variants?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:59:35 CET 2012

2012/2/27 Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com>:
> 1. Establish Free Pascal as THE Pascal, THE Object (based) Pascal on Linux

While I disagree that any serious competition to FPC exists in Linux,
you should know that FPC has never been monopolist. Competition is
widely seen as something good. Having more good Object Pascal
compilers would be good.

> 2. A way must be found of uncoupling the Free Pascal, the LCL, the FCL and
> the Lazarus IDE.

So you are suggesting to make it harder to configure as a step towards
higher popularity?

> 4. Both WIKIs are need a makeover.

There is only 1 wiki and I think it is quite good. All necessary
information is quickly accessible. A beginner can very quickly get a
quick start on almost any topic.

> In short how does Pascal get itself restablished?

I think that everything possible in the world about this topic has
already been said in this thread:

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,13754.0.html

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho