[Lazarus] Can't compile trunk with fpc 2.4.5 under ubuntu

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 28 00:00:14 CET 2012

Martin Schreiber schrieb:

> Thanks. The problem with some of the recent "Delphi compatibility" changes is
> that it breaks Delphi 7 compatibility.

+1 :-(

IMO at least a stable D7 compatible version/branch is required, which
may be extended to the last Delphi AnsiString version (D2007?). This
branch doesn't deserve any further features or interface changes of the
newer Unicode versions.

> A side mark: I don't think using the old ansistring as combined binary and
> character buffer is such a bad thing.

+1

Following the many complaints in the Embarcadero groups, much code still
relies on the use of AnsiString even for binary data. Another argument
for a *really* D7 compatible Lazarus version.

DoDi