[Lazarus] Can't compile trunk with fpc 2.4.5 under ubuntu

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Feb 28 08:28:56 CET 2012

On 02/28/2012 03:13 AM, Paul Breneman wrote:
> so I can use strings as binary communication buffers and let the
> compiler deal with everything and it all just works...  :)

Yep. There is no logical reason to  think other, but the fear that
"string" is a moving target regarding the unavoidable upcoming of Unicode.

So a dedicated type for this with all features "AnsiString" offers but
with no Unicode threat would be appropriate for this.

We very often do need flexible easy to use code-ignorant byte buffers.

-Michael