[Lazarus] Can't compile trunk with fpc 2.4.5 under ubuntu

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:13:00 CET 2012

Yes, but you wrote this:

> It would be better to have a type that 1:1 allows for all the well known
> string operations, replacing "Character" by "Byte":

And I simply demonstrated that this is already possible in FPC today
(with TByteArray being the replacement for AnsiString).

> You can't do "+", there is not TByteArrayList, ...

Did you even look at my code? All the remarks you wrote in your last
mail except "Pos" I had tackled in there. And writing a TByteArrayList
shouldn't be that hard either...

Regards,
Sven