[Lazarus] Why the Java became so strong?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Tue Feb 28 19:58:33 CET 2012

Am Dienstag, den 28.02.2012, 13:23 -0500 schrieb Rich Saunders:
> >     Today, i simply can't get the lazarus' source and solve a bug
> >     because i have a limted knowledge of how it works internally but
> >     can submit bugs on mantis, that's a way that i can help. On my
> >     environment, with my friends, i can promove lazarus and help
> them
> >     to write some applications, write tutorials, etcs...
> >     ________________________________
> >     William de Oliveira Ferreira
> >     Bacharel em Sistemas de Informação
> >

> >     2012/2/28 Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com
> >     <mailto:pascaldragon at googlemail.com>>
> >
> >         Am 28.02.2012 17:25, schrieb William Oliveira Ferreira:
> >
> >             sometimes all lazarus' users wanna see core team do
> >             something that
> >             themselves can
> >

> >         Thank you for speaking that out aloud :)
> >

> This simple statement speaks volumes. I agree with it completely. Most
> people DO want to help out but the way to do that is not at all clear.
>
> There is no clear way to start out small and progress. That's because
> no
> one wants to make a contribution from a position of weakness. I do not
> want to document something unless I am sure what I write is correct.
> But
> I cannot learn enough to have confidence in what I write without more
> documentation. (or extraordinary effort which is exactly what we are
> lamenting is scarce).

Good analysis. And Everton Vieira names the solution: a kind of project
management. The moderation problems you name should handled by some sort
of supervision, too.

And now we have reached the point where the dog bites it's own tail, who
would and could do that? Maybe technical tools like trac or similar
system could be used to direct contribution efforts to a more synergetic
effort by not stating fixed rules but showing a corridor of most
appreciated work.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>