[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Feb 29 10:23:18 CET 2012

On 02/29/2012 09:57 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> It is since many years. Have you seen any secondary help for the dialogs?
I don't understand what you mean. I think there should be single source
for online and offline help. Everything else obviously is not manageable
at all. (In fact I don't see how a Wiki can be part of this as - AFAIK -
there is no solution for exporting or importing wiki database content
for other formats. )

> Maybe the discussion was mainly lead by people that "discourage"
> without doing something.
(I don't remember who said this, but I believe it was one from the
"core-team".)

Unfortunately creating / improving the help creation and help viewing
infrastructure is a rather complicated and far reaching issue that only
can be managed by the core team. (Many thanks to DoDi for trying to get
involved!). Using this infrastructure (if decently workable) to help to
improve the documentation, non-core-team persons would be able to
improve the product.

-Michael