[Lazarus] Is FreeBSD supported?

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Wed Feb 29 10:37:19 CET 2012

Am 29.02.12 10:28, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 29 February 2012 10:54, Vincent Snijders  wrote:
>>>
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/
>>>
>> It is supported, but there are no binary releases. FreeBSD user can
>> use the source tar ball.
>

> Thanks Vincent.

We use Laz/FPC in our FreeBSD company development team since years,
we mainly use trunk/svn versions directly on the developer machines.
(different checkouts / ~weekly) and a definitive version on the nightly
build server and  test suite.

You may get trouble with threaded applications crashing with fpc 2.6,
and FreeBSD 9 which comes from a bad/incomplete semaphore definition IIRC.

Pierre fixed that (many thanks) a while ago but AFAIK it's not in the
2.6.1 fixes branch - so you may have to apply a patch manually.
-> search for posts from me, pierre, marco regarding FreeBSD and
threads. or come back to me if you have troubles ...

helmut