[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Feb 29 14:53:33 CET 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 02/29/2012 02:27 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> The new INF help generated from fpdoc files, now have a nice hyperlinked
>> class hierarchy as well with each class description. A patch for fpdoc will
>> be supplied soon.
> It's a bit frustrating to see Graeme, DoDi, Sven and others try to improve
> the help itself and especially the help generation process, while I can't see
> the common "final goal" in focus (one or more online and offline versatile
> help viewers / file formats being fed and automatically synced from a well
> defined source tree for all issues (help on help, ide, compiler, language,
> rtl, lcl, user additions, ...)

None of this is an excuse for not contributing.

If you contribute now, by the time we come to a final version/solution,
there will be lots of help included. Your work will not get lost if it is
submitted and checked in.

As it is now, you don't contribute, wait for a final version to start
contributing. Meaning that the 'lots of help' will be there only much later
(if ever).

Even the work of DoDi on notes has not been lost. It was simply converted to the
existing solution. Mattias went to great lengths to achieve that. One can
only admire his patience and willingness to help.

So please stop mailing and actually start coding or documenting.

Michael.