[Lazarus] Project management

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Feb 29 14:03:26 CET 2012

Juha Manninen schrieb:

> Now, your answers indicate you don't really know what you want. How does
> fixing a bug or creating a new feature become easier if it is listed in
> a project management GUI? It doesn't, you still have to learn and edit
> the code.

This is where documentation is helpful. The LCL is so complex nowadays,
that a newbie cannot figure out everything himself.

> I filled my own and Mattias' data in the developers page. It is the
> "organization chart" that was requested:
>   http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developer_pages
>
> Then there is the roadmap page. It already contains tasks and people
> responsible for them. It is not up to date but can be updated:
>   http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Roadmap

My experience with unmanaged open source projects is a roadmap that
contains all the tasks, which the experienced coders don't want to do
themselves, or for which they have no concept at all. Nothing like tasks
for newcomers :-(

DoDi