[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Wed Feb 29 19:27:24 CET 2012

Am Mittwoch, den 29.02.2012, 18:22 +0100 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:

> Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> hat am 29. Februar 2012 um 17:54
> geschrieben:
>
> >[...]
> >

> > > Michael, PLEASE try to use the tools before complaining about
> them.
> > >
> > > The hints were always showing the current fpdoc files.
> >
> > Reading about this type of confusion - count me in - I need to ask:
>

> You are welcome to ask.
>
> I hope your confusion is a completely different one.

<g> Hopefully yes. ;)

(note to myself: wash your keyboard with soap for making naughty jokes)

> > Where is the process of building up help files documented?
>

> The hints use the fpdoc files, which are simple text files, which can
> be edited by the fpdoc editor or lazde or the source editor.
>
> What process do you mean?

I'm talking of the big picture, what type of sources are used, which
tool is available and what does it do, ...

Not on detail level, but there seem to be misunderstandings regarding
the overview. But I'll have to review existing material in a more
organized and systematic manner to name whats missing exactly.

> > Seen from my current knowledge there are many new tools and facts I
> do not know or
> > understand.
>

> What new tool are you speaking of?

One name I remember (from huge masses of emails) is FPDocManager. Is
that a class or a tool?

> >[...]
> > For now I stepped back to something that came to my mind very early
> as a
> > task attractive for me. Taht is writing some (short) tutorials on
> topics
> > where I myself have had problems understanding inner workings of
> > components or documentation already written.
>

> Great!
>
> Have you seen the tutorials in the wiki?

Yes.

> You may extend an existing or add a new.
>
> Because of spammers, the wiki requires to register an account. That's
> all you need to write a tutorial.

Done.

Don't expect some results tomorrow. ;)

--