[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Wed Feb 29 19:32:47 CET 2012

Am Mittwoch, den 29.02.2012, 18:15 +0100 schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
> Marc Santhoff schrieb:
>
> > Where is the process of building up help files documented? Seen from my
> > current knowledge there are many new tools and facts I do not know or
> > understand.
>
> In the source directories, i.e. in $fpcdocs (wherever you checked it
> out), or in Lazarus/docs/html. The procedures vary, depending on the
> platform.

I'm not oinly thinking of myself here, in parallel stepping in for new
contributors is targeted. If anyone wanting to help has to ask first,
then there is some part of the documentation missing, me thinks.

> > If not already done or trivial, I'd suggest writing or better drawing a
> > chart of the targets, sources and tools to use when wanting to write
> > documentation.
>
> See e.g. http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Documentation, in
> detail "7 Missing documentation?"

Will read thoroughly, thanks.

> > Although this may sound ugly to some of you, some sort of graph with
> > notes and explanations would be very easy readable and understandable.
>
> Right, but I don't want to contribute to the wiki, because it is too
> unstructured, and I cannot find in it what I need :-(

That's what I was saying, there could be some index pages. But after
looking ati those index pages are already there, you named one. No idea
of a better organization of the wiki yet ...

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>