[Lazarus] program version

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 2 10:40:20 CET 2012

Am 02.01.2012 10:06, schrieb Antonio Fortuny:
> Hi folks.
>
> First of all happy new year 2012.
>
> Lazarus provides the possibility to include the program version in the
> project options. I've the ability to extract it at runtime using the
> WIndows core functions GetFileVersionInfoSize, GetFileVersionInfo and
> VerQueryValue.
> I would like to know if there is an equivalent in Linux systems.

The units related to the resource system are in
$fpcdir/packages/fcl-res/src. There's also a VersionResource unit.

For an example you can look at
$lazarusdir/examples/lazresexplorer/remainunit.pas where this is used.

I haven't tested either of them (the unit and the resource explorer),
but they should provide you with a starting point.

Regards,
Sven