[Lazarus] Custom OS/CPU targets for FPC - build help

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jan 3 16:39:23 CET 2012

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 15:55:58 +0100
David Unric <dunric29a at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thx Vincent,
>
> by supplying -P switch to fpc, I can finally produce x86_64 executables.
> I'm surprised this switch is not mentioned in interactive help (fpc -? or
> -h).

Indeed. Please create a bug report.

> Why compiler fails when supplied with documented -T<target os> option ?
> >fpc -Twin64 consoleapp.dpr
> Error: Illegal parameter: -Twin64
> Error: c:\Lazarus\fpc\2.7.1\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe returned an error
> exitcode
>  (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)

ppc386.exe does not know about the target 'win64'.

> Lazarus 0.9.31 seems to do not use -P option as it still produces i386 code
> even if target CPU family is set to x86_64 in Project options and exe is
> rebuilt from scratch (console app).

It does use the -P and -T switch. But it passes them only if they
differ from the default.

> I'd like to ask somebody to shed some light on this subjects:
> 1) why supplying target OS option (-T) fails ? If I'd like to build win64
> exe on win32 system have I pass CPU Target and fpc "automagically" selects
> appropriate OS Target ?
> 2) How to tweak Lazarus so I can simply switch between win32/win64 targets ?

1. Fix your installation, so that setting "Target OS" and
"Target CPU" in the IDE compiler options works.
2. Add another build mode.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Build_modes

Mattias