[Lazarus] Lazarus on Ubuntu: Pixbuf again

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jan 17 02:17:56 CET 2012

On 1/16/2012 02:14, Udav wrote:
> Guys, thanks for answering! I have had some rest on holidays and ready again
> to fight the problems :)
>
> Reimar Grabowski wrote
>>
>> But there is libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 and of course libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev (at
>> least on oneiric but I am quite sure that it was on lucid, too)
>> R.
>>
> Well, I have to admit that was partly a false panic. Just now I checked
> again and to my surprise found libgdk-pixbuf2.0 in the package manager. I
> guess it was Friday,13 that played this evil joke to me.
> So I installed it and I got error "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk-x11-2.0"
> when linking examples. Googled for it but found nothing useful (I alreay had
> libgtk2.0 installed). By intuition I installed libgtk2.0-dev (the ) and then
> finally got things working.

yeah, that's the funny thing about *nix stuff... if you need to use something in
a program you are writing, having the package installed only allows you to use
it in the programs that are /already/ compiled and "installed"... you always
need the -dev package if you want to compile something that uses that package...
this so all the headers, defines and whatnot can be handled ;)