[Lazarus] Help on FCL?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:18:10 CET 2012

On 23 January 2012 14:10, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Adding_Kylix_Help there is a description
> of adding helpfiles from Kylix to Lazarus, using HyperHelp.
>
> If I understand things correctly, HyperHelp is closed-source, unmaintained,
> and available for x86 Linux only. Is there an alternative for other
> platforms such as Solaris or non-x86?

fpGUI's Docview? ;-)
Docview (and the whole of fpGUI) is supported and tested on Linux,
Windows, FreeBSD, DesktopBSD, OpenSolaris, WindowsCE and ARM/Linux.
Unofficially it works on Mac OS X (via X11) and ReactOS (a Windows
clone OS) too.

HyperHelp is a help viewer licensed by Borland to ship with Kylix. The
original creators of HyperHelp has long gone out of business. The help
format is proprietary too (it is not the same as WinHelp), but you can
get a copy of the Kylix 3 help (which is on par with Delphi 7 help)
and a copy of HyperHelp, by downloading the free version of Kylix 3
Open Edition and using my license key (for the open edition only of
course, seeing that neither Borland nor Embarcadero can unlock Kylix 3
any more - the joys of closed source software).

   http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/wiki/wiki.cgi?p=kylix-3-open-edition

HyperHelp runs fine under 64-bit linux too (that is what I currently use).

  - Graeme -