[Lazarus] Help on FCL?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 10:10:38 CET 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

 >> On 24 January 2012 18:11, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
 >> Yes, but the point I'm trying to make is that those files are
 >> effectively locked out now for anybody unable to run HyperHelp,
 >> e.g. because they're not> running on x86.
 >
 > True, it is x86 and x86-64 only. But to be fair, Kylix was
 > onlyreleased for Linux and Intel based processors.

Indeed. But what that means is that anybody wanting to refer to the
Kylix helpfiles on a non-x86 system will have problems. The only
practical significance is that it's probably unwise for any of the
FPC/Lazarus docs to simply say "works the same as Delphi/Kylix, qv":
anything significant will have to be summarised.

Obviously this is a minor detail- nitpicking almost- since it assumes
that people will still be running systems other than x86 in the future.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk