[Lazarus] Help on FCL?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 26 20:23:06 CET 2012

Am 26.01.2012 19:21 schrieb "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <
markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk>:

> michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

if something is wrong or missing Michael is usually fast in fixing it if
you tell him.

>>> I was not aware that it does exist, as I was not yet able to see it and
not knowing about it's existence did not try hard enough to find/install it.

>> Have you ever been on the FPC website ??
>>
>> The 'Documentation' button is rather prominent, I hope :-)
>

> I'd suggest that having online documentation, while essential, is hardly
a substitute for being able to access it from the IDE when offline or
blessed with variable network latency. And it's absolutely no substitute
for the context-sensitive help offered by most IDEs.

You are aware that Lazarus also supports offline help? It just needs to be
configured as it's not enabled by default... (which indeed might not be
good, at least on "zero configuration" targets like Windows, but there is a
bug report about this already)

Regards,
Sven