[Lazarus] RE : RE : LCL and custom keyboard layouts

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Sat Jan 28 19:19:53 CET 2012

> Thanks Ludo. I'm already doing a bit of custom stuff to get
> A+ running
> (arguably the largest free APL that still uses the original
> characters).
> But the question remains: once inside a Lazarus app, can I
> hook keycodes
> using a custom procedure, translate them to Unicode, and inject them
> into the currently-focussed edit-capable control?

Lazarus uses utf8. If your system is also using utf8 you shouldn't be doing
anything special to get these characters inside a control (apart eventually
from the font not being able to display the special characters). If I do a
'setxkbmap -layout ru' on my en_GB.UTF-8 machine, I get russian characters
everywhere, including lcl controls.

Ludo