[Lazarus] Poor man's resource code available and CheckRide update: now with editor

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:20:20 CET 2012

On 31-1-2012 9:45, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 30.01.2012 09:09, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:
>> Comments, patches, as well as criticism welcome ;)
>
> Out of curiosity: Why did you implement that? On Windows you can already
> edit resources using a resource editor if you use FPC's Resource
> support. On Linux I've not tested yet whether you can edit the embedded
> resources.
Hi Sven,

That's what I thought, too ;)
I think DoDi warned me about problems. Decided to try it and yes: I had
problems. While rewriting the resources seemed to work, the resulting
exe crashed.
Either that or the resource editors I used didn't seem to recognize my
resource.
In the end, I just gave up and implemented my ow... eehm, somebody
else's idea ;)

The code dealing with proper resources is still in some revision in the
bitbucket repository...

Regards,
Reinier