[Lazarus] RE : Issue 21129, hang on glib2 2.31

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Tue Jan 31 14:14:07 CET 2012

-----Message d'origine-----
De : zeljko [mailto:zeljko at holobit.net]
Envoyé : mardi 31 janvier 2012 10:48
À : Lazarus mailing list
Objet : Re: [Lazarus] Issue 21129, hang on glib2 2.31

On Tuesday 31 of January 2012 10:23:01 Ludo Brands wrote:

> Hi,

> the issue is read-only now, so I comment here.

> The patch commited leaves USE_GTK_MAIN_OLD_ITERATION as before, using

> gdk_threads_init. It would be useful to note somewhere in the sources

> (gtk2defines.inc?) that USE_GTK_MAIN_OLD_ITERATION causes hangs when used

> with glib2 2.31. USE_GTK_MAIN_OLD_ITERATION is only used with non-Unix

> systems but the day 2.31 or + is ported to windows we probably all forgot.

I've understood that USE_GTK_MAIN_OLD_ITERATION works fine with glib2 2.31
... so if it isn't case then I have to check glib2 version with this define
and use it for glib2 > 2.30 ... or it does not matter ?

Anyone tested with -dUSE_GTK_MAIN_OLD_ITERATION and glib2 >= 2.31 ?

zeljko

My first tests were with USE_GTK_MAIN_OLD_ITERATION defined. See note
0056091 in issue 21129. Lazarus started fine but hung when the debugger
returned.

I think the main question is whether the thread support on windows will ever
be the same as for linux. We'll probably have to wait until 2.31 is ported
to windows.

Ludo