[Lazarus] Possible TQuery or resource reader problem, all (unix) targets

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 13:54:33 CEST 2012

I've got a problem that appears to have got into the Lazarus IDE etc. at
some point after 36903. It affects all targets I've tested so far, i.e.
SPARC/Solaris, SPARC/Linux, PPC/Linux and x86/Linux; I left x86 till
last on the basis that it was likely to be limited to a combination that
was tested less frequently with the result that I've been delayed by
building on slower systems. I'd rather not try testing Windows, and any
results might not be valid since I don't have current versions.

The project includes a form with a number of database components. One of
the TQuerys has a significant amount of SQL text ** (PostgreSQL
dialect), including a number of references to a single parameter (tz).
Looked at on 36903 or earlier, the TQuery has a single parameter
(correctly called tz) while on trunk (circa 37961) a spurious parameter
called 00'::interval is inserted before tz: I think that this is
probably part of the SQL text, mis-parsed. The project compiles, but
fails at runtime.

I'll try to distill this to a minimal project and Mantis it, unless
anybody realises they've been working in this area and can contribute a
quick fix for testing.

** Including a couple of subselects of the form
   to_char(datetime + coalesce(
     (SELECT utc_offset FROM pg_timezone_names WHERE name = :tz),
     '00:00'::interval
   ), 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI') AS datetime_str,

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk