[Lazarus] C Integer types

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:47:31 CEST 2012

On 08.07.2012 17:18, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> IMO all these members should be pointers, of size 64 bit according to
> the index increment (8 bytes?).

You are right, I didn't look carefully enough. Too much ad-hoc pointer
arithmetics and dereferencing around too many corners within the same
expression.

Thats exactly the reason why I believe that defining types that describe
the data (especially the more complex and not so obvious structures)
*before* actually starting to write code that operates on it is better
than the other way around. IMHO this particular piece of C code is ugly
in more than only one regard. Even in C this could have been written
cleaner and easier to read.

Bernd