[Lazarus] Strings Property Editor dialog newline keystroke reminder

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 03:26:08 CEST 2012

Howard Page-Clark schrieb:
> The object inspector's strings editor has its [OK] button set as the
> default so pressing [Enter] closes the dialog, which is logical.

IMO it's not logical to close an dialog for entering *multiple* lines
with Enter. At least D5 adds a new line on Enter.

> I usually forget this when trying to enter several lines of text, and so
> close the dialog when trying to enter a new line in the strings memo.
>
> Could the dialog's StatusLabel's caption have a bit of help appended to
> it something on the lines of
> '  (Use [Ctrl][Enter] to add a new line)'   ?

AFAIK Ctrl-Enter is a TMemo specific shortcut, which allows to insert
linebreaks into otherwise multiline (word wrapped) text. This is
different from a StringList, which does not wrap long lines.

DoDi