[Lazarus] Changing the translation of forms while the program is running

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 23:58:32 CEST 2012

On 7/15/12, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> The IDE forms set all captions when creating. See the FormCreate events.
> The maintenance work is near zero.
> Theoretically the code could be put into methods and triggered when the
> language changes.

This works well if you create all forms on the fly I guess.
However the current active form (and all other forms still showing)
will have to be updated I guess?

Say I have a mainform with a label with caption := SomeResourceString.
Now i translate the resourcestring using Translations unit.
This still leaves my label with the untranslated caption.
So I have to do MyLabel.Caption := SomeResourceString again after the
translation.

Bart