[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 20:08:01 CEST 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I think Reinier and I are saying that the need in the current case is how to
>> intercept F1 and recover an associated keyword, and how to pass that keyword
>> to lhelp.
>
> Surely the "capturing of the F1 key press" functionality already
> exists in LCL? I also see TControl.HelpType, TControl.HelpContext,
> TControl.HelpKeyword and Application.HelpFile properties... Are they
> just for show (not functional yet)?

Of course they work- in the context of the HTML help components. But if
you'd been paying attention you'd have seen that what Reinier raised was
how to use lhelp's (socket?) interface to get it to display a named
page, and that's not very much use unless you can get the appropriate
keyword to the other end of the communication connection (i.e. get F1 to
behave properly).

Now I presume that the existing HTML help components tell the LCL that
they want F1 when they auto-register, but in the absence of comparable
components for CHM we need to know how to do it.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk