[Lazarus] Cannot connect Firebird server

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:53:05 CEST 2012

On 25 July 2012 11:45, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
> For design-time support, you need them in your project directory (where
> your source is), I think you can also put it in your lazarus directory
> so you can use it for all projects.

Huh?

> You also need to put them in the directory where the executable is
> generated.

Double huh?

I don't do either of those, and I connect to firebird servers no
problems. Under Windows, download the Firebird Installation/Setup, and
simply select the "client only" option during the install. Lazarus,
FPC and your programs will work just fine then. No need to copy
Firebird DLL's around manually - the Firebird Setup does everything
for you already.

> If you want to use Firebird embedded (instead of the regular server):

Never used this, but I believe in this case you need the fbembed.dll
in the same directory as the executable, or somewhere in your Library
Path.

  - Graeme -